Short devotional on biblical evangelism
A. What does it mean to evangelize?
- To evangelize is not to win converts, but simply to announce the good news, irrespective to the results. To evangelize is to spread the good news that Jesus Christ died for our sins and was raised from the dead according to the Scriptures, and that as the reigning Lord, He now offers forgiveness of sins and the liberating gift of the Spirit to all who repent and believe. — John Stott
- The Gospel is always about who Jesus is and what He has done.
- Read Mark 1:1-2, what does it say the Gospel is?
- If you have believed the Gospel, then you can explain it to others.
- Evangelism is always better caught than taught.
B.The Great Commission
- Read Matthew 28:18-20, are we supposed to make disciples or converts?
- Before we can disciple someone (feed and flock them), we have to go out and fetch them. You cannot disciple an unsaved person!
- Read John 20:21, Jesus sends all of His disciples to be lights for Him in this world and proclaim His Gospel.
- Read Matthew 4:19- Who will make us fishers of people? Are only certain types of Christians to be evangelists?
C.Walking through the Gospel with Romans (Let the Word of God do the work)
- Who needs to get right with God (1:18, 3:11-12, 3:23).
- How to get right with God (3:24-26, 5:1, 5:6-10).
- Since I’ve been made right with God (12:1-2).